I’ve got all the cross members for the floor frame in place and screwed into the frame. I used saddle brackets for ALL of the cross pieces. Overkill and an extra $150 in materials but I guess it’s better to over build. Let’s face it, you can’t go back and put them in later.
I finally got to use the chop saw for what it’s here for. And I managed to screw around and bend the fence… Grrrrr. That’s not fun. I managed to get it somewhat back to strait, it was after the floor frame was cut so we’ll see how it does on the walls next week. Anyways here’s the progress.
So I’m having to pour pilings and was somewhat disheartened to find that an 80lb bag of concrete has exactly .6 sq/ft volume…
2 8in x 4ft tubes will take 2.8 sq/ft so 5 bags. Yay science!!
I really hope this is the hardest part because this is not fun. The root has been extracted and we’re continuing the trenching to bring everything even. Fortunately for digging the trench, I’ve been using the tiller which is making fairly short work of it. I’m getting a major workout for sure.
Or the problem of the root. I’m beat!!! So I’m trying to get everything nice and level for the skids, two of them are on the existing foundation and the other two are slightly uphill from the first two. So I’m going to lay down pavers at the same level as the foundation, started trying to dig out the trench for the pavers and got the great idea to use my tiller. Aside from it eating up my string line, it went well enough until I ran into a root, this thing is huge so I’ve mostly dug it out and I’ll tighten the chain on the chainsaw and do what needs to be done.
So one of the true rules of life is if you don’t start with a good foundation, you’re going to have problems. This is especially true of buildings including the shed. So we need to make sure we’ve got a solid foundation. I’ve got a poured foundation but this is going to be larger than that, so I’m using the concrete tubes to add a piling. Concrete pouring tomorrow.
Well in order to build the new shed the old one had to go. Here is the gallery of the removal of a very well built and put together shed.
So now that I have the materials, I need to clear out the shed so I can tear down the old one and build the new. So the garage had to be cleaned in order to move the stuff from the shed… Long story short after about 4 hours of wondering around cleaning, organizing and tossing I have room to proceed.
I finally broke down and blew the $4000 on the materials to build the shed. It’s hard for me to spend that much on parts, it’s one thing if you’re buying one that’s pre-built and you’re putting it together but I’m getting rough lumber that needs cut, and built. I’m so looking forward to it!!!
Whoo hoo!!! The guns are here. Meet framing nail gun and roofing nail gun. They have shown up to help with the shed building!!!